External USB speakers for AAO A110b Netbook

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by BlueMonday74, Nov 22, 2008.

1. BlueMonday74

BlueMonday74

Hello

I am looking for some portable speakers to work with the above. I bought some usb speakers here http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTEC-Speakers-L ... rid_pt_2_0 and they don't seem to work. I believe it could be due to lack of compatibility with Linpus Linux OS. (Yes, I should have checked this first...). Can anyone help? I want to give presentations and play videos to small groups of students.

I want something compatible, portable (usb, ideally) and good value for money (no more than £25-30).

Thanks

BlueMonday74, Nov 22, 2008
  2. BlueMonday74

Japser

Japser, Nov 22, 2008
  3. BlueMonday74

Guest Guest

Don't know nuffink about your OS. I have a Windoze version which presumably would power USB speakers OK. I tried a set of external passive speakers plugged into the audio out jack. It improves the quality of the sound, but evidently the internal audio amp has about as much output as a telephone earpiece (which is exactly what the internal speakers sound like). So if you use the audio out jack you need amplified speakers.

Guest, Dec 14, 2008
Ask a Question