External cable to help you when cloning your hard drive!!!

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by something back, Aug 15, 2015.

1. something back

something back

Either for replacing,updating to a larger drive or using an old hard drive as a back up drive.

MOST LAPTOPS USE A SATA HARD DRIVE, "22 Pin" , 2.5" Hard Drive .

You may wish to obtain a USB To SATA/IDE 22 Pin 2.5" Hard Drive HDD SSD Adapter Converter Cable External.

You can then use this to connect your new hard drive to your laptop, to allow you to clone to.

As a bonus you can use an old hard drive as a back up device.

You can obtain one for under £3 or $5

THE EBAY pages chosen are “used as an example”, shop around

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-t...r-Converter-/251929863836?hash=item3aa830a69c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HD-HDD-...ATA-2-5-Hot-/141745201964?hash=item2100ac232c

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    something back, Aug 15, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. something back

Sefie

Thanks a lot, you just answered to a question I didn't dare to ask on here, lol. I still remember when you suggested me to use my old laptop's hard drive as a back up device! I didn't know how I was supposed to do that, but I thought I'd figure that out later, and I did, once again thanks to your super useful posts!

Sefie, Aug 16, 2015
  3. something back

IcyBC

Yes, yes, thank you for this! I will be buying the cable soon and will try this! You're always very helpful!

IcyBC, Sep 25, 2015
Ask a Question