Extensa 4220 Recovery Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gigieu, Jul 18, 2009.

1. gigieu

gigieu

I've ran D2D (disk to disk) eRecovery once before and it worked perfectly. That was months ago and I once again find myself in need of recovery (acquired a bad virus). I've ran D2D eRecovery twice now and no obvious error occurred either time, except for the fact that my system keeps rebooting. I'll get to the Windows XP loading screen and it will seem as if it's about to show the desktop or something but it reboots instead. The second time (or should I say third time?) I actually saw a blue setup screen, but then it started the never ending reboot cycle and I haven't seen that screen since.

gigieu, Jul 18, 2009
  2. gigieu

gigieu

I put in a Windows XP cd and ran "chkdsk /P c:" from the recovery console and it said there were errors. I assume the MBR is fine, otherwise it wouldn't boot at all. I also ran "chkdsk /R c:" which may have at least marked the bad sectors not to be used again (I don't know if that's what it did). Is it worth it to try D2D again or should I try something else?

gigieu, Jul 18, 2009
  3. gigieu

gigieu

I've scanned the drive with chkdsk twice more until it seemed like it was fixed. I used eRecovery for the third time (this go round) and the same thing happened. I'm either going to send it in for service or get a new hard drive. No need to reply anymore.

gigieu, Jul 19, 2009
Ask a Question