Expired Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vinaya, May 26, 2016.

1. vinaya

vinaya

Recently, my antivirus expired. I have not renewed the license. My question does the antivirus stops working completely when the license expires, or it works limited.

vinaya, May 26, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. vinaya

Vash

It will still work. It will still automatically scan your computer according to the old setting you had. You can also scan your computer with it any time you wish. It is just that all its virus database will no longer be updated. Since there are new viruses out every day, soon your expired AV will no longer protect your computer from the growing new threats.

Either you renew your expired AV, or get a free one like AVG, Antivir, Avast, etc.

Personally I use paid Kaspersky. It is the best.

Vash, May 26, 2016
  3. vinaya

IcyBC

I believe it will still work, but it won't catch all the new viruses or whatever that is out there. @Vash gave a great advice, renew it or go for one of those free ones. I have used Avast for years on all the Window computers in my house.

IcyBC, May 26, 2016
  4. vinaya

filmjunkie08

I thought it stopped working completely. If you would like to change providers, I use Kaspersky and have been very happy with it. I believe my brothers firm also uses it.

filmjunkie08, Jun 7, 2016
  5. vinaya

obliviousme

I think it will still work, it will scan your computer for malicious threats but will be unable to remove detected threats, that's how i understand expired antivirus programs. You will be forced to renew it if you want your computer to stay protected.

obliviousme, Jul 13, 2016
  6. vinaya

Krissttina Isobe

Have you tried Microsoft security essentials which is totally free? I found it while researching for it. Like you I got those free trails that work well. I needed something more and something I can trust. I found it in Microsoft Security Essentials. Hope this helps,...you're welcome in advance.

Krissttina Isobe, Jul 20, 2016
  7. vinaya

ad.mike2016

I have never bought any anti-virus software. Depending on what you are doing this might not be something you need to do. There are a lot of free programs such as Ad-Aware which does a fantastic job of keeping you computer clean and running at optimum speed. A lot of the time all the spyware and such uses up so much memory that it affects how your computer performs.

ad.mike2016, Aug 12, 2016
  8. vinaya

Jason76

A person who doesn't download weird stuff often won't come into a situation where an anti-virus is needed. Nonetheless, as a percaution I have installed WebRoot anti-virus, though I have my doubts about it. For one thing, it rarely catches viruses on my computer, so I'm wondering if my computer is virus-free, or if the program is incompetent. However, I'm guessing my computer is virus-free, cause I don't download weird stuff on my computer, nor illegal music downloads.

Jason76, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question