Everything Wifi (including USB) for OSX

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by camberwell, Jul 22, 2008.

1. camberwell

zakfontaine

Your actual screen went out, or just a bad kext install? This makes me think twice about opening up my new One...

zakfontaine, Sep 15, 2008
  2. camberwell

SbM

Try macles' recovery procedure.

SbM, Sep 15, 2008
  3. camberwell

dfiore

screnn just died. I actually got the unit swapped out, but would be interested to know what the recovery procedure is.

dave

dfiore, Sep 15, 2008
  4. camberwell

picassolsus

I see talk of the 1390, 1400, and 1500 Dell cards working....anyone know about the 1450? That's the only one I have immediate access to. Thanks.

Derek

picassolsus, Sep 15, 2008
  5. camberwell

denshaotoko808

Anyone tried the Dell 1370 in the AO yet?
    I know someone selling one and I'd like to pick it up if it works.

denshaotoko808, Sep 16, 2008
  6. camberwell

dfiore

what are the chipsets on those cards. if they are broadcom id venture to say they would, but knowing the chipsets will help determine that.

dave

dfiore, Sep 16, 2008
  7. camberwell

magnatree

Hi!

I just built in the Dell DW 1390 wifi card in my AAO but iAtkos OSX doesn't recognize it :'( Anyone any idea? Do I have to install any drivers? I followed the how-to by smb for iAtkos-install...
    I'm also not sure how to connect the antenna. Black cable to black arrow and white cable to white arrow (black cable on "me"-side white cable on screen-side)? Because on the original wifi-card positions were swapped... black cable on screen-side, white cable on "me"-side.

mfg
    magnatree

magnatree, Sep 21, 2008
  8. camberwell

SbM

I would have kept the original positions : black cable on screen-side and white cable on "me"-side. Try that. This card should work out-of-the-box, so there's obviously something wrong with your setup.

SbM, Sep 21, 2008
  9. camberwell

johnwillo

I had this problem this weekend when I swapped cards on mine. When I did the original white-to-black and black-to-white, the card didn't work and wasn't seen by Windows (hadn't installed Mac OS X yet). I opened it back up, reseated the card (in case it wasn't in firmly) and swapped the antenna to black-to-black and white-to-white and then it worked in Windows and (later) when I installed OS X. I'm not sure if it was fixed by the re-seating of the card or the antenna swap.

Windows XP Home SP3 installed Broadcom drivers automatically when it detected the new card, Mac OS X just worked (after following the iAtkos install instructions in this forum) without my having to do anything special.

johnwillo, Sep 22, 2008
  10. camberwell

angryasian

Great forum! I recently swapped out the wifi for a dell 1390 to run OSX. When I rebooted XP (oiginal Aspire factory) recognizes the card but it does not work. Under device manager it has an exclamation point next to the wifi card. I used the drivers as some one posted in a previous thread. Just for clarification I put the black post screen side and the white cable onthe me side. Is it possible that I have a faulty card? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you guys can't fix this NO ONE CAN!

Angry as Ever
    :lol:

angryasian, Sep 23, 2008
  11. camberwell

dfiore

angry,

you may have more luck in the windows forum for windows drivers, this forum is for osx. As to your wiring issue, i kep the wires in the same locations as they were on the factory card in mine, and the wireless works in all os's (xp, ubuntu, osx, and vista on ext hdd).

dave

dfiore, Sep 23, 2008
  12. camberwell

offyoutoddle

i fitted a 1390 to my machine the other night, and just wanted to say, it doesn't seem to matter white to black, or black to white, both work fine. It is only an aerial connection after all. I would suggest leaving it as per the original wiring layout, which means white to black and black to white, as this causes less stress on the wires than if you try to move the white wire out of postion. I suspect any problems people have had may be due to card seating, not aerial wire placement.

offyoutoddle, Sep 28, 2008
  13. camberwell

kingway

hi, i'm new guy of using AAO150 (120G HDD), of course, I want to run Vista Ultimate and OSX together. However, I wonder that Mac OSX 10.5.2 can be runned properly on AAO150? All drivers works? Thanks for all support

kingway, Sep 28, 2008
  14. camberwell

offyoutoddle

i have the same machine, I did what you are saying from what I saw on here.

The details you can pick up from the various threads, but I would install vista first, shrink the drive down to leave some space for osx, then use iatkos 4i to get 10.5.4. Its not straight forward, but it is all possible if you look on the osx section of this forum.

offyoutoddle, Sep 28, 2008
  15. camberwell

Guest Guest

hey guys I was just wondering if AIRPORT WIRELESS CARD FOR MAC PRO from microcenter(http://microcenter.com/single_product_r ... id=0280939) would work with my aspire one to enable wireless on the osx86 I am running.

If that is not viable I have been thinking about a Dell Truemobile 1500 Wireless MINI card Pulled from a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop.

Please comment on the viability of both these options and which one, if either that I should choose.

Thanks a bunch guys, I really am starting to like the community that has sprung up around this awesome little machine

Guest, Sep 28, 2008
  16. camberwell

dfiore

lostdog,

either should work fine. (that is if the macpro one is really for macbookpro, which the picture indicates.)

dave

dfiore, Sep 29, 2008
  17. camberwell

captive

Have you tried this?

captive, Sep 30, 2008
  18. camberwell

2manydjs

I'm sorry if this is a repost, or just commonly know.
    I just found a thread which explains why the stock 5007EG card doesn't work with OS X.
    Complete thread here.

2manydjs, Oct 2, 2008
  19. camberwell

picassolsus

Apologies if I'm in the wrong post--

Those of you who have had success with using a Belkin F5D7050 v4001, could you please post your process? I have installed the suggested drivers that match my chipset version (4001) but can not get it to be detected beyond actually showing up in system profiler under USB. It's my understanding some kexts have to be manually edited for v4001 to work right??

I have a 1390 en route from eBay, but in the meantime I'd rather not be tethered via ethernet. ;)

Thanks guys,

Derek

picassolsus, Oct 8, 2008
  20. camberwell

NikT

I've searched & searched & can't seem to find anywhere except ebay to buy the 1390 cards - any tips, folks?

NikT, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question