Everything i do maxes out the processor!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by samusishere, Jul 9, 2010.

1. samusishere

samusishere

It never used to do this but enything and everything i do makes it max out andd i dont know why!!!! help. i have windows 7.

samusishere, Jul 9, 2010
  2. samusishere

bluevolume

Resource Monitor will give you more info on what's maxing out the processor. Figure out what processes are out of control and investigate from there.

Continuous 100% utilization is often the anti-virus software.

bluevolume, Jul 9, 2010
  3. samusishere

Swarvey Moderator

Or viruses themselves :p

Swarvey, Jul 9, 2010
  4. samusishere

samusishere

Its the application that i open, thatss it.! thats why its so weird. like opera google chrome makes the processor max out completely when i scroll a pagee and it never used to do that

samusishere, Jul 10, 2010
  5. samusishere

Nissan_350Z

just wondering.. it may be a glitch in the power saving technology called SpeedStep? anyways. have you restarted it? with the AC adapter in.. coz you may have started it up with it running off of battery and the processor thinks its still unplugged? i had this problem with my older laptop.. but.. try restarting with the AC in.. though i might sound stupid saying something so simple.. but hey it happens to everyone.

EDIT: and if that doesnt help use something like CPU-Z to see how much voltage your processor is running at.. it should be 1.33Ghz
    also.. how much RAM do you have?

Nissan_350Z, Jul 12, 2010
Ask a Question