European Space Boss Has 'Crazy' Moon Village Plan

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

[​IMG]

The European Space Agency's new boss elaborated Friday on his vision for a multinational research village on the Moon a leading contender for a project to succeed the International Space Station.

For now, it is just an idea called "crazy" by some but one that Jan Woerner said was being widely discussed as the end of the ISS looms large.

The broad concept is a base for lunar exploration by humans and robots, potentially a stopover for spacecraft and possibly even a mining site.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/science/news/european-space-boss-has-crazy-moon-village-plan-790560

Sefie, Jan 18, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

Oh boy, if that is not crazy then what? Building on the moon? Why can't we leave nature alone? I am just not sure how far we can go with so many evasive things we are doing to the earth and other planets without some sorts of consequences!!! Maybe I am just CRAZY for thinking that way!

IcyBC, Jan 23, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

They say that our only hope not to go extinct in the future is start colonizing other plants in the ext 100 years or so, because our planet might be in trouble in a couple hundred years more. But to be honest i don't think we will make it, being able to keep a self-sustainable colony in other planet sounds like such an impossible feat to me.

Sefie, Jan 23, 2016
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

I agree, it sounds impossible to colonize on another planet! There are so many things involved in creating a life for a plant or tree and that are sunlight and water. How can we grow anything without the main source of energy?

Hollywood could make a great fantasy movie about people who live on the moon and show us how to colonize up there :)

IcyBC, Jan 25, 2016
Ask a Question