Errors when using Chrome and Opera!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jeffu, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Jeffu

Jeffu

I kept on having little bubble popups (and the occasional blue screen of death) telling me of some sort of error writing to a file (chkdsk.exe or something... in my Chrome, and after installing Opera, folder.

I did a vague search but came up with nothing, so I wondered if anyone else has had this problem. It seldom happens, but now and then it will crash my laptop completely. At first I thought it was a Chrome issue but it is still happening.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Jeffu, Mar 16, 2009
  2. Jeffu

darenm

Sounds like your hd could be failing. Did you run a chkdsk to check your hard drive?

darenm, Mar 16, 2009
  3. Jeffu

Jeffu

Thanks for the reply.

I found also that when I was doing a spyware scan it eventually bluescreened.

I tried to use Error Checking but to do a proper check it asked for me to restart so I did. When it tried to scan it stayed at 0% done. It has gone through with it before, but only when it was a natural checking due to my shutting down improperly.

Does that mean my SSD is dying already?!

Noooo~ ;_;

Jeffu, Mar 18, 2009
  4. Jeffu

robert456

What version of XP do you have (nlited or so ?)
    Or did you modify XP settings (prefetch) and used CCleaner or other software to clean de prefetch ??

I had the same problem with my previous xp (that had prefetch activated and ccleaner)... --> I installed "ron[nl] tinyXP" and everything works fine now

robert456, Mar 18, 2009
  5. Jeffu

Jeffu

I did modify prefetch! I am not sure exactly what I did though, because I followed a lot of instructions here on tweaking WinXP and not knowing what I was doing .. XD

I am using just regular winXP... sp2 I think.

I wlil check out ron TinyXP I guess o_O

thanks a lot!

Jeffu, Mar 19, 2009
Ask a Question