Error during Recovery HP Pavilion g61d60us

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by hpfrank, Jan 12, 2016.

1. hpfrank

hpfrank

I purchased recovery discs from HP for my Pavilion g61d60us which was showing an error, "no HDD" After trying to run the internal diagnostics I ordered and install a new hard drive. Windows 7

I then ran both the quick check and complete diagnostics on the new hard drive as well as the memory diagnostics which passed.

I then tried the recovery process. It proceeds thru loading Windows, reformatting the Windows partition on the new hard drive, and after copying files required to restore HDD, and error comes up Titled "Reducer" and says "copy file fails"

After retrying 5 times I shut down the computer.

The HP recovery instructions state you may "even see error messages" however after 5 retries, there is no way out of this continuous loop of "copy file fails" and retry.

Any suggestions? Could it be a CD drive problem? Is it possible to copy the recovery discs onto a flash drive on another computer? I did not see an option after F9 to select a flash drive as the Boot Device.

hpfrank, Jan 12, 2016
  2. hpfrank

something back

something back, Jan 12, 2016
  3. hpfrank

hpfrank

Thank you for your reply. I went to the Microsoft website and after entering my product key it said contact your pc supplier. It is next to impossible to find a phone number or email address to contact HP

hpfrank, Jan 13, 2016
Ask a Question