eRecovery Management

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by chiwriter, Mar 7, 2009.

1. chiwriter

chiwriter

Does anyone know how to re-install just the eRecovery program for the Acer Aspire One (A150-1149)? No disk was provided with the computer and no provision is made via a folder in the Win file management. When the program is initiated on my computer, the opening screen shows only choices for restoring the factory setup or else reinstalling all files. There is no option for creating a password or burning a recovery disk even though the user guide covers this procedure.

chiwriter, Mar 7, 2009
  2. chiwriter

Scissors

Ah the good old guide. That thing shouldn't even be called a guide. It's too misleading.
    It even stated that the VGA port was for audio output. LOL!

You want the installer to E-recovery?
    If that's the case, what Model you got?

Scissors, Mar 7, 2009
  3. chiwriter

chiwriter

Model is identified as A150-1049 (black case with 1GB of RAM, 160GB hard drive).

chiwriter, Mar 7, 2009
  4. chiwriter

darenm

You don't have those options because you don't have a CD/DVD hooked up to your AAO. If you want to do a system restore, click the restore factory setup.
    If you want a copy of your disks. Call Acer, register your machine and tell them you would like a copy. 3 days later, they'll be sitting in your mail box.

darenm, Mar 10, 2009
  5. chiwriter

gbt

If only that were true in NZ/Australia, the reply I received from the Acer Service centre after admitting to erasing the eRecovery partition during a linux install was: "If that's the case then we can re-image the unit back to XP again for a fee of $129 including courier pickup and return. Please let us know if you wish to proceed."

I think Acer is ripping off their customers over this, and I've taken up the issue with my local Microsoft Office regarding what possible use their MS license is on an Aspire One without the media.

gbt, Mar 11, 2009
  6. chiwriter

chiwriter

Regarding the lack of a CD drive being the reason for not using a disk to restore the eRecovery program---the first thing I bought after setting up the Aspire One was to acquire the slim LG external USB DVD drive (about the size of a stack of 5 or 6 CDs). I would think that Acer would assume this to be a common practice and allow for it in determining a policy re making program disks available or even furnishing one with the netbook. Otherwise, the logical option would be to put
    the proprietary programs on an SD flash card.

chiwriter, Mar 15, 2009
Ask a Question