eRecovery Management no longer works?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aidan.cage, Jan 16, 2009.

1. aidan.cage

aidan.cage

I am really really wanting to just restore my Aspire One to the factory settings, but I seem to be unable to. The Acer boots into Windows XP, and I can choose the launch the eRecovery Manager, but when I click OK to start the process, Windows just shuts down and restarts into XP. I'm not sure what my next step will be. I am toying with the idea of just wiping the HDD clean and installing TinyXP rev09, but would be more at peace and happy to remain in line with the eRecovery ability of the Acer Windows installation. I wonder if I brought this on myself. I previously installed Windows 7 beta into a separate partition I made using G-Parted, and I played around with it for a few days, but decided I didn't want it anymore. I relaunched G-Parted and deleted the Windows 7 partition, then reexpanded the ACER partition to regain the space I had set aside for Windows 7. I was having a problem with the boot launcher still loading at boot, so I used a program called VistaBootPRO to clean the boot. Did this do it? Can I fix it? Do you have the answer? I just want my Acer to be factory clean!!
    Thanks for reading and thinking about it.
    PEACE

aidan.cage, Jan 16, 2009
  2. aidan.cage

Ranger Wolf

Ranger Wolf, Jan 16, 2009
  3. aidan.cage

aidan.cage

aidan.cage, Jan 17, 2009
Ask a Question