Enabling Bluetooth with ePower / Empowering

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jasonchan, Aug 31, 2009.

1. jasonchan

jasonchan

I have a strange problem, I installed a bluetooth module using the BT header in my AOD250, and as you know it is off by default. I tried to turn it on under ePower but it does not show up at all, only my wireless card shows up. However, after I press the BT button (after having to use a toothpick to press it, since I do not have the actual BT button on my machine) Bluetooth shows up under ePower. I set it to 'on' and then select apply. The strange thing is that after I shut the system down for a few minutes, the BT option has disappeared from ePower again, and my BT remains off. Any ideas on how to hack ePower to enable the BT option?

jasonchan, Aug 31, 2009
  2. jasonchan

smurf_mann

Hello!!
    what do you mean shut down, shut down as in close the lid, or shut down as in turn off?
    if your not afraid you could take you AAO apart and remove the switch, then solder a jumper wire in its place (after all, you dont want to be poking it with a toothpick because it could snap!),the system would see is as the switch in the "on" position, then you could use the software to turn it on/off..

post a message back to tell me and the forum what you have done,

Daniel :)

smurf_mann, Jan 2, 2010
  3. jasonchan

D250_1821

Hi I don't know if you still have the problem, but I am in a similar situation and have some information to share.

I have the D250 and ordered the Broadcom 2045 usb module that fits in the factory spot. And had similar troubles getting the system to recognise it. I ended up searching for factory drivers for the aspire one D250 and found a list of drivers including one for bluetooth thats called WIDCOMM. I installed that and its full of all kinds of factory software that looks pretty and uses up memory, but you can just enable HID devices or whatever you're using and tada... it works... no bluesoleil or anything like that.

However I am still being haunted by another problem that I suuspect is related. My D250 wont turn on after sitting off for a while unless I disconnect the bluetooth cable from beneath the keyboard and then turn the computer on. And I had the same issue when trying to use a wifi/bluetooth card in the pcie slot. Not sure of thats relevant but I think the problem is related to the bluetooth somehow.

D250_1821, Mar 10, 2010
Ask a Question