Enable VGA in Clone Mode . Blank Screen.No reboot.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Candle In A Cave, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Candle In A Cave

Candle In A Cave

Hi. I've got an Acer One. N270 1.6 with .98 GB of RAM.

Im trying to get output to my VGA here.As seen in several other posts here.

An Intel site"Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family:
    http://support.intel.com/support/graphi ... 022119.htm

Shows the XP interface for enabling "Clone Mode",and "Extended Desktop".

I have a 17" Monitor (VGA),it shows only dark black',when I attempt "Clone Mode". The "Extend Your Desktop" worked once with I believe the laptop display was the primary device.Still I would prefer a "clone mode" for both laptop,and monitor.

The only two screen sizes seen for 'displays are "1024x600"[laptop],and the same "1024x600"[monitor] then for each 800x600. Both of the Display settings there are set at 60 hrz.

Again the problem is that the output,only displays 'black'on the monitor. Switching to 800x600 does not help. The Acer 'hotkeys'show a 'blanking screen'available for the screen as a hotkey (pg 8). But togling between them in "Clone Mode",and using the 'Hotkey',does not change anything.

If I utilize "extended desktop" to stretch with the primary device the laptop. This does nothing. At first I got an Acer logo on the Monitor.Unfortunately,if the primary device is said to be the Monitor,or as trying to use the Monitor as a single device. The laptop screen goes blank of course,then there is nothing to see to control the computer here. Since the Monitor is also blacked out.Or blanked out I dont know.

This happen several times while I tried to configure using both screens.Within the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for mobile program.. With the only option being a reboot.Once here,using Extended desktop,and inadvertenly switching screens between the Monitor and the Laptop,with Acer logo on the laptop and blank on the Monitor,the Acer would not shut down.Or restart using the Power Button.Or switch between screens using the hotkey.

I had to pull the battery to reboot the machine.Ouch.

[ ] Enable VGA in clone mode.And so on....What is the reason I cannot get a screen up on my Monitor here using the VGA.In "clone mode". I have the same version Drivers seen in a close adjacent post about the same no-vga issue. I'm not much enthused about having to perhaps flash the Bios or something.There doesn't appear any Drivers to download that are 'Updates'.

[ ] What is the reason I cannot get a screen up on my Monitor using "clone mode".?
    In a pinch is there some other way to control the desktop in the event such as this (both screens blank),or reboot ?

Candle In A Cave, Apr 16, 2009
Ask a Question