Email wont open after last update and cannot update again

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aceradam28, Jan 4, 2009.

1. aceradam28

aceradam28

My first problem is that ever scince my last update I can not open the Email Apllication and now whenever I click Live update it cant locate the servers. I changed the desktop a while back to give it a windows-looking look using the 10 easy steps guide in the How to forums. Anyone know how I could fix it or re download the Email feature and update my acer.

aceradam28, Jan 4, 2009
  2. aceradam28

mr-b0nes

Hmm same here, i ran live update it updated and now i can no longer open the email application :cry: . Live update is stil working for me though.....

mr-b0nes, Jan 5, 2009
  3. aceradam28

aceradam28

Does anyone know where you could download another email application?

aceradam28, Jan 6, 2009
  4. aceradam28

mr-b0nes

Hmm i did a clean install of linpus, updated live following the instructions: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9164
    The email is working again without problems :D . If you prefer a different email client you could try Mozilla’s Thunderbird thats decent.

mr-b0nes, Jan 6, 2009
  5. aceradam28

pinklady756

Did the same on one of the kids netbooks yesterday, the other one updated fine. Email just refuses to open and no longer able to connect to the internet, as network devices in settings doesn't open either and it says cannot find the server when you boot up. After the update the panel 'menu bar' at the bottom vanished and it took some fdoing to get it back. Can't believe I now have to re-install linux and start from scratch, what kind of update messes the netbook up for heavens sake!!??!

pinklady756, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question