Email setup problem

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by MikeN, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MikeN

MikeN

Just got my AspireOne and am having problems setting up email. I have an ntlworld email account which I have previously accessed using Outlook Express. I have created an account on Aspire one Mail, using the settings from the Outlook Express Properties. I get a message that the account has been created but then get an Error message "server unreachable" when trying to connect to the Inbox. Any help really appreciated. Thanks
    Mike

MikeN, Nov 23, 2008
  2. MikeN

barrie

Hi Mike,

First I would just double check your account settings re in and out going server, (mail.whoever.com) if all is fine I can only suggest trying Thunderbird which is what I use. But then I never had any issues with Aspire one Mail.
    Sorry I can not be more helpful.

barrie, Nov 24, 2008
  3. MikeN

MikeN

Hi Barrie

I've used exactly the same settings as per the Properties on the Outlook Express client. Thanks anyway.

MikeN, Nov 24, 2008
  4. MikeN

rbil

One way to troubleshoot problems like this is do some packet sniffing to see what is actually happening when your mail client is talking to the pop server. Wireshark is the program you'll want to use.

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 24, 2008
  5. MikeN

MikeN

Thanks rbil, I'll have a look at that

MikeN, Nov 24, 2008
Ask a Question