Email Numbers

Discussion in 'Linux' started by 8jphil, Nov 13, 2008.

1. 8jphil

8jphil

Can anyone help me with a silly, but to me a very annoying problem?

I have installed Thunderbird as I use it at work and it works for me. I have gone through all of the steps to have the Thunderbird icon on the Linpus menu and everything works just fine. I have even gone in to /usr/share/applications/mozilla-thunderbird.desktop to change the generic label to read Thunderbird.

So far so good and it all works. However, next to the title on the Menu is a number in brackets which I believe has something to do with the number of unread emails in the standard linpus email programme before I got rid of it and I don't know how to get rid of the number. Every time I look at the menu screen it screams back at me .....Thunderbird (30)..... and it really annoys me. Silly I know but I am really enjoying playing with Linux and reading through the various forums. Everything has gone so well even down to installing a 3G USB modem and running it successfully using gnome.ppp, so can someone please help.

Thanks in anticipation and a good nights sleep.

8jphil, Nov 13, 2008
  2. 8jphil

markh

Edit the main menu (sudo mousepad /home/user/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml) and remove the acs="email" from your entry for thunderbird. On a slightly different note, I've been trying to find out how this acs thing works, and if it can be configured for thunderbird - anyone know?

markh, Nov 14, 2008
  3. 8jphil

8jphil

Many thanks markh, it worked a treat.

8jphil, Nov 14, 2008
Ask a Question