eeePC tablet netbooks! T91 and T101H

Discussion in 'Asus Eee PC' started by kram, Jan 11, 2009.

1. kram

kram

kram, Jan 11, 2009
  2. kram

bit-ninja

I might just become a Asus user again :eek:

The T91 is almost exactly what I hoping to eventually have one day. I would miss the keyboard of my Acer, but I would get back that little bit with the width with T91 that I had with my Asus Eee 701. The keyboard really becomes secondary to me though if I can use it as a tablet for browsing, reading and games. One thing I did notice in the spec is that it only had two usb ports.

bit-ninja, Jan 24, 2009
  3. kram

RussellF

Yeah, they look nice, but expected price is around £360 and even though I showed the missus a 6 minute demo of glorious touch screen swiveling she was still not too happy with my intent to buy one. However, it has crystallized my dilemma and reminded me that a SCC is supposed to be Cheap! Hence my joining this forum (no offense :) ) I was always keen on the AAO as a pure breed netbook, but was put off by the lack of bluetooth (buy a £3 tiny USB dongle) and 512MB RAM (Buy more RAM and just be careful fitting it). Both concerns answered. I played with a eee 901 in Currys and the keyboard was rubbish. The Acer was tucked away in the window, so I couldn't compare, but the Advent keyboard looked pretty similar and seemed fine. So, that's it. When the Christmas OT comes in February, I'm joining the AAO club :D

RussellF, Jan 25, 2009
  4. kram

Anraiki

No Kidding. Puny tablets just make it better for students. Though, I hear over at the "modding" forum that you can actually customized the acer to do exactly this. I am no expert at modding, so I am not sure if a begginner can easily mod the acer to become a tablet.

Though... spinning the monitor round and round is kind a neat thing too.

Anraiki, Feb 15, 2009
Ask a Question