Edge randomly closing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by shadejb, Dec 9, 2015.

1. shadejb

shadejb

So I took the plunge and update to Windows 10. So far so good, much lighter & faster than windows 8. The Edge browser in particular is a joy to use, compared to the resource hog that Chrome is. However, lately I've notice that Edge sometimes just closes itself, no notification or error message of any kind. And it's not that my laptop is stressing in anyway, most of the time it happens I'm only browsing the web (3-5 tabs, 1 running Youtube). Other times, like I'm playing games (Warband) AND running the browser at the same time, Edge seems to run fine. I've been trying to find a reason for this, but so far no such luck. Does anyone else have this problem or can offer a solution ?
    I'm running Surface Pro 3, core i3 if that helps.

shadejb, Dec 9, 2015
  2. shadejb

maur1c1ox

Did you change your default search engine from Bing to Google? That was a known issue not long ago. I used to have this same problem with chrome, it would just close itself from time to time independently of the tabs currently open. I uninstalled it, changed settings and wouldn't work. I created a new windows user profile and it worked like a charm o_O I know, it's not the best solution and a really tedious one.

maur1c1ox, Dec 9, 2015
  3. shadejb

shadejb

Yes, I did. Does that mean I have to change it back to Bing ? I have no issue with Chrome, but it really takes up a lot of resources, and about 5 tabs in the fan would start to spin loudly so I'd prefer to stick with Edge for now. I've had my profile for a while so I'm a bit reluctant to set everything up again haha. Thanks for your help though, will keep that in mind.

shadejb, Dec 10, 2015
    maur1c1ox likes this.
  4. shadejb

maur1c1ox

Yeah, sounds a bit on purpose, doesn't it? But it was a known issue not so long ago, you could check if it works or not and leave that out. A lot of people complained about it.
    Cheers.

maur1c1ox, Dec 10, 2015
Ask a Question