Easy way to free up storage space on an Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by CrashTester, Jul 21, 2014.

1. CrashTester

CrashTester

Do any of you have an Android phone that is seriously low on internal memory?

My phone was clogged up for ages and I could not figure out why, my apps list was cleared and software was all up to date, I moved as much as I could onto my SD storage yet still I was having problems downloading any new apps or updating existing apps, I was even getting a 919 error when downloading apps from Google Play.

I thought it was time to replace it but then I discovered a small piece of advice that I would like to share.
    A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either.

Its really simple and after doing this I restored 700Mb of space and my Android phone is now downloading new apps just fine and is much quicker!

Try it and post below with your results!

CrashTester, Jul 21, 2014
  2. CrashTester

tymaul

Thank you so much for this!! I can't believe I didn't know about this before. I will be sharing this will everyone I know who owns an Android now!

tymaul, Jul 21, 2014
Ask a Question