Easy way of installing the customized Linpus after Windows?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Gravesent, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Gravesent

Gravesent

Hello,

When I bought my Acer Aspire One 150 the first thing I did was erase Linpus and install Windows XP Pro. Now I want to keep Windows XP but also install Linpus in Dual Boot.

Problem is the Recovery DVD can't install Linpus on a specific partiiton, it erases the whole HDD, so here's what I did:

- created an 8gb linux patition on my HDD keeping my Windows partitions intact
    - I downloaded a standard Linux Linpus Lite live CD, burned it and installed it on the linux partition
    - configured GRUB to dual boot Windows and the standard Linpus

Problem is the standard Linpus Lite isn't half as nice as the one that comes with the Aspire One, so, having one linpus installed can't I just copy an Acer Aspie One Linpus installation over the standard linpus? Would that work? And if it would, where could I download a standard Aspire One Linpus installation.

I'm opened for other suggestions, I just want to avoid reinstalling Windows or having to backup and restore my 50gb of data (which are on the second Windows partition).

Edit: sorry for posting this here, I just noticed that itwasn't the right place for it, where should I post it?

Gravesent, Apr 23, 2009
  2. Gravesent

eses

you should have posted this in the multi boot section, have a look, there is a thread about multi booting xp/linpus by mecrado(?) wich works well as i also have done this.

eses, Apr 27, 2009
Ask a Question