easy way 2 turn off usb bluetooth

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by hamsterwolf, Sep 17, 2009.

1. hamsterwolf

hamsterwolf

like a few of the other members here i have micro Bluetooth adapter the only problem is that it pulls too much power and that kills battery life my solution to that was to make a short cut to device manager here is what you need to do:

right click on your desktop and select new then shortcut. In the window that appears next asking you to type in the location of the item type in : devmgmt.msc and click next and then next again and there you go :D know all you need to do is open up device manager and disable and enable your Bluetooth when needed. now i know that its not that impressive of a tip but hey it works and if you put it in rocketdock then you have a very nice setup and you can change the icon to whatever you like. its way better than clicking through control panel and it lets you disable any device including other energy vampires such as the webcam and Ethernet port and any other internalized usb device. works in xp have not tried it in vista probably would works in vista also can't hurt to try.

hamsterwolf, Sep 17, 2009
  2. hamsterwolf

tim292stro

[Deleted]

tim292stro, Sep 19, 2009
  3. hamsterwolf

hamsterwolf

thanks for the tip when i get a chance il look into it

hamsterwolf, Sep 21, 2009
Ask a Question