Easily removable hard drive

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Salvador, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Salvador

Salvador

Hello,
    I am looking to change my Lenovo X200.
    I have various criteria for a new machine, and it is fairly easy to look at the specs.
    But one of my criteria is that it should be easy to change the hard drive.

I use Ubuntu most of the time, but sometimes Win 10 and even XP for a couple of legacy programs.
    I don't want to use dual boot or virtual machine, I want a completely separate system.

Until recently it was fairly easy to change a hard drive, usually just one or two screws, remove the drive and insert a different one. But some machines I have come across (freinds and relatives) this is no easy task.
    My wife's Asus 1215 is a case in point. Changing the hard drive involves almost a complete strip down.

Unfortunately, this information does not appear to be easily available. The only way I have found is to trawl through the net and download the instructions to change the hard drive. This has to be repeated separately for every single machine I consider.

Can anyone suggest another way of doing this. Maybe someone knows of a web site that carries this information. It would be good to encourage product reviews to include this information.
    Thanks.

Salvador, Dec 20, 2016
  2. Salvador

something back

Sorry to say no.

I look for service manuals online , most of the time you can find them,also youtube
    is another good place to look, either for complete disassembly or hard drive removal tips.

something back, Dec 20, 2016
Ask a Question