e220 mdem with my aspire acer one a150l notebook

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bwatt99, Nov 25, 2008.

1. bwatt99

bwatt99

I have my acer aspire one a 150l and just got myself a 3 mobile broadband dongle e220 as i was advised this is the better modem to use with my notebook,can someone tell me if it just means plugging it in and am all set up or do i need to make some minor tweaks,im sure i read somewhere that the updates covered my sort of modem as patch,by the way its got linux,can anyone advise me as will be using this soon with my notebook.

Also anyone got instructions or know how best to unlock my e220 3 modem is it easy or tricky to do,and once this is unlocked does this mean i am free to use others and still use my 3 as i purchased,is it just like unlocking a mobile phone your free to use any sim

bwatt99, Nov 25, 2008
  2. bwatt99

NeilB

If you use the online update manager you will see at the bottom of the list a patch for Huewai. This installs a program called "Mobile Partner' in your networking section. Use this to connect to your isp once you have configured a user - simple to do.

NeilB, Nov 30, 2008
  3. bwatt99

bwatt99

I think i downloaded this the other day,not used my notebook yet or usb modem but if i have this what you say then i am up and ready to go,just plug it in and its ready to use?or do i need to do anything else

bwatt99, Nov 30, 2008
  4. bwatt99

lordofthemoon

I suggest an admin stickies this thread since I found it really useful. The instructions given worked for my E160G as well.

lordofthemoon, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question