e220 mdem with my aspire acer one a150l notebook

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bwatt99, Sep 11, 2009.

1. bwatt99

bwatt99

I have been to oz this year and am going back later in the year,i went to a guy in my area who told me he unlocked my e220 modem to find out when i went there after buying the sim card and and credit from 3 that it was not unlocked,i searched high and low to get someone to unlock it for me in perth but nobody i could find could do it,now that i am in the uk and am planning on taking my notebook and modem and oz sim. where i can get this unlocked and how will i know its been done as i thought it had been last time i am from aberdeenshire so anyone that does it in this area would be great,has anyone had trouble working this with the notebook below and linux,i not really used my notebook or modem really that much since purchase,so advise on what upgrades,things i can do to it that makes a big difference would be great.

I have a e220 mdem with my aspire acer one a150l notebook,I am going to australia for a month and want to take my aa1 and the modem,i am looking to have the modem unlocked anyone got instructions on how to do this or where i can get it done for cheap,also will this be like a mobile phone i can use any broadband sim i want to use in it,also once i get a payg si kit over in australia is there any settings i need to change to make this modem work or is it as simple as getting the sim kit over there and i am up and running.

bwatt99, Sep 11, 2009
  2. bwatt99

bwatt99

I am not back in oz after nearly a year being there last time i came over with my aspire acer one a150l notebook and e220 modem,got it unlocked but when i got here it had not been unlocked,i had already purchased an oz 3 sim card and credit for it,i tried to get someone to unlock my e220 with no luck so i wasted my money on a oz 3 sim card and credit,ok now that i was able to unlock the modem myself and am now back in oz with my stuill same sim,i forgot to take the old credit i had.
    I dont think it would matter as im sure it has an expire date anyway so that would be expired right?

The questions i have now is my modem and sim seems to be working ok now as in does recognise my sim,so i must have done that right but now i think i need to make sure my setting are ok,what are the settings for using in oz with 3,ever thing needed to work my notebook and modem e220 so its all set,im sure i have the right setting already but want to make sure.
    Also i did try and connect but it would not work i take this is cause i have no credit right?or is this due to another problem i might need to add or change,i reckon if i go and buy some credit for my sim then i be able to go online,can anyone tell me if this is correct,would hate to spend further money on credit to find that its still not working this modem or notebook not set up right,im pretty sure it is and modem is too and only require credit.

Please can someone help me out. aspire acer one a150l notebook

bwatt99, Dec 2, 2009
Ask a Question