E-Paper mod - has been done !

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by horibulus, Jun 17, 2009.

1. horibulus

horibulus

Just started searching for some way to turn my AAO into a real e-paper version. in some lighting conditions LCD screen is uncomfortable - e-paper reads easier.

My idea was to install an extra e-paper screen on the other side of the lcd screen and connecting it to SVGA out so it could work as another screen or an extension of desktop. This way i could work on it with a screen closed and type using small usb keyboard - black and white 16 shades of gray would not be a problem. And of course with touch screen installed on top, mod like that would make AAO... something else ;)

Started searching for a suitable e-paper display to take apart. There are practically no options, so i even considered somehow using iRex or Iliad screen.

Finaly i found this mod: its inspiring and i'm still looking for more info about the design.

http://gizmodo.com/5272479/pixel-qis-ma ... -this-fall

Does anybody know anything about this mod?
    Please post any info U might have found or any ideas

horibulus, Jun 17, 2009
  2. horibulus

horibulus

horibulus, Jun 17, 2009
Ask a Question