DW1390 Card Issue AOD-150 "unknown Vendor" Icon

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by ironslave, May 28, 2009.

1. ironslave

ironslave

Ok so I have my OSX install working great. but from square one and 2 installs I am getting a small icon next to the WIFI that says "Unknown Vendor". there is an option to Power Off Card and when I clicked it it then disabled my WiFi Card. the catch here is my WiFi card works great in mac and in windows.... anyone else have this issue? using iDeneb 1.4, With and without the Broadcom Option installed.

ironslave, May 28, 2009
  2. ironslave

yohko101

yeah, i have that same icon too. i just leave it alone. i didnt bother trying to get rid of it on my menu bar lol

yohko101, May 28, 2009
  3. ironslave

ironslave

glad to know i am not the only one, i wonder what is causing it?

is anyone else getting this icon from a different brand of card?

I had this card installed in my dell with the old school Original hacked Leopard installed on it and it never had this issue. Then I got my Acer and swapped out the cards for fun time and i was worried i might have installed the card wrong because the Acers install method with the screw is kinda weak.

ironslave, May 28, 2009
  4. ironslave

brushless

I also have the same issue :) I installed iDeneb with the original Atheros WIFI card and later swapped it with the DW1390. In "System Profiler" -> "Network", the old card is still remembered as en0 complete with its Mac address, and the DW1390 is assigned to en1. I suppose I can turn off the DW1390 if I want to extend battery life, but with the 6-cell which came with my D150 that has not happened. :lol:

brushless, May 31, 2009
  5. ironslave

ironslave

I figured a way to make the icon go away, i have not tried rebooting to see if it reappears though

hold the apple key (left alt) and click and drag the ion off the screen, i would assume you could try deleting the applet from the computer to see if it goes away for good but i am not willing to try

ironslave, Jun 30, 2009
  6. ironslave

SP1950

try removing your sd card before boot.

SP1950, Jun 30, 2009
  7. ironslave

ironslave

The problem is in fact being caused by the Dell wireless card, not the SD card that i dont have in my computer.

I read into the icons on the corner of the screen and discovered that i could remove the icon permenantly by deletings the app from the folder that holds the apps. i dont want to risk removing the app and breaking the system because i am limited on resources in my current location, but when i get home i sure will try it.. its just wasting valuable space up there

ironslave, Jul 1, 2009
  8. ironslave

rory

This is an SD card thing not dell wifi thing.
    Trust me on this.

rory, Jul 1, 2009
  9. ironslave

kromakey

Hi ,

jus replaced my wifi card by DELL 1390 , in Windows XP is running well , but undetected in OSX :( not know wath to do .

anybody help ?

thanks

kromakey

kromakey, Jul 16, 2009
  10. ironslave

Carpe_Diem_Rjr

Hello i have acer aspire one aoa150. I bought the DW1390. I want some help how to open aoa150 to put the pci card? Video or photos pls
    Sorry for my english.

Carpe_Diem_Rjr, Jul 17, 2009
  11. ironslave

DutchDK

Turn the AAO A150 off.
    Remove battery.
    Turn AAO A150 upside down, and place on a table.
    Unscrew the 3 silver screws at the front.
    Remove the 2 black rubber feet at the back, and unscrew the 2 silver screws underneath.
    Unscrew the 3 black screws in the battery compartment.
    Turn the AAO A150 and open the screen.
    Take a small flathead screwdriver, and push the plastic hinges at the top of the keyboard in (hinges are located above the F8 key, the F1 and F2 key, and the Pause and Ins keys), so you can pop the keyboard up.
    Remove the keyboard cable.
    Remove the keyboard.
    Unscrew the black screws and the single silver screw at the places denoted with a small triangle on the metal cover that was covered by the keyboard.
    Press a fingernail in between the top casing and the bottom casing, and run it all the way around, to loosen the top casing.
    Remove the trackpad cable.
    Lift the topcasing up.
    Lift up the two antenna cables from their connectors on the WiFi card.
    Unscrew the single black screw holding the WiFi card.
    Take out the WiFi card, and replace it with your new card, then follow the above in reverse to reassemble your AAO A150.

DutchDK, Jul 17, 2009
  12. ironslave

winterbrew

There's some good pictures here on a how-to guide ;

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1443

You only need to follow steps 1 & 3, as you don't need to remove the screen for the DW 1390 :)

winterbrew, Jul 17, 2009
  13. ironslave

Carpe_Diem_Rjr

Thnx for your help my griend.
    The only problem i have is that i cant put the cable of the keyboard again.....

14. ironslave

DutchDK

Theres a brown or black hingelock that runs the length of the connector. Lift it up, and you should be able to slide the keyboard cable in again, then press the hinge down to lock it in place.

DutchDK, Jul 17, 2009
  15. ironslave

Carpe_Diem_Rjr

Everything is ok!!!!!
    When i turned on my macbook pro :pP the wireless works fine!
    Thnx for your help my friends!!!

16. ironslave

barrysanders20

When I swapped my card, I didn't pay attention to the keyboard cable. When I was putting things back together, I was thought I f'd up ripping the ribbon and was like nooooooo! That was until I realized the release mechanism to slide the ribbon into the connector.

barrysanders20, Jul 19, 2009
Ask a Question