DVD Play issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mako8172, Apr 28, 2009.

1. mako8172

mako8172

First let me say Hi!
    New member & user, been reading past 10 days or so since I ordered my AAO. I got the AOD150-1577 with XP. At the same time I ordered a cheapy external case for an old Dell laptop CDRW/DVD that I had. After getting everything last week I plugged the newly assembled DVD to the AAO and popped in a movie to test and it started playing(only let it go for 2-3 min's). Now about a week later it opens WMP and says it can't play DVDs because it has no decoder? So my question is, in my haste to delete some of the excess programs did I delete something that allowed DVD play? Or was it a weird windows glitch that let it play a little the first time? Any help would be apppreciated! As always, TIA!

Jay

mako8172, Apr 28, 2009
  2. mako8172

AJCUDA

I got the same message from WMP so i installed my old copy of Nero 7 Ultra because it included it's own dvd decoder. with that, i got the dvd to play in WMP but there was no sound. If you don't mind using other media players, VLC is free and I can now play dvd's with sound.

AJCUDA, May 1, 2009
  3. mako8172

mnimud

You could use vlc as mentioned or media player classic which can be found on its own or in the k-lite codec pack. K-lite has many encoder/decoders for tons of video types but for most cases you should only install as its default settings b/c as it mentions, when it comes to codecs, more is not necessarily better. For all the info you could possibly need on codecs, video apps, dvd, etc you should check out:

http://www.videohelp.com/

mnimud, May 3, 2009
Ask a Question