dude. AAO now's got competition

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jackmoney, Sep 9, 2008.

1. jackmoney

jackmoney

jackmoney, Sep 9, 2008
  2. jackmoney

lems

I looked at that model eee but it is getting too big. the first eee's were a better size and the 901 doesnt have a big enough hdd space. I still like my one.

lems, Sep 9, 2008
  3. jackmoney

Biostem

Other than a slightly larger screen and a bigger battery, it still has less HD space than the $350 WinXP Aspire One, and it probably lacks the second SD card reader slot.

Biostem, Sep 9, 2008
  4. jackmoney

rory

not exactly windows discussion is it?
    moving to let's say general

rory, Sep 9, 2008
  5. jackmoney

goofball

you won't get 7.5h with the HDD version, not sure if the SSD one would. The 1000H that I have access to does routinely 5.5h and that's with most stuff turned right down and just websurfing, no MSN or anything, just browsing the web using wireless. Not even using USB mice or bluetooth devices.

goofball, Sep 10, 2008
  6. jackmoney

rjm

The 1000 series EEE at least have a half-decent keyboard, unlike the 901. Against the 6-cell Acer there isnt much in it in price or weight, though the 1000H is bigger.

At $400 though the 160GB 6-cell Acer would still appear to be a better overall deal, but now at least it the choice depends on what the screen size and case styling mean to you personally.

My gripe with all these newer netbooks is the same: the weight is climbing solidly towards the 1.5kg mark. At which point, for me, I start thinking: used X61 Thinkpad ... hmmmmm.

Majority opinion is againt me, though. Most people seem to want their netbooks to be as "notebook-ish" as possible, because, and I can see this totally, you do get a lot more useability for that extra $150 and 300-400g.

rjm, Sep 10, 2008
  7. jackmoney

radtek

The fact that it has an actual HDD pretty much negates its appeal in my case. To me- having the SSD is what makes it truly and safely portable. If I want HDD space and processing balls I'll use my greedy Toshiba.

radtek, Sep 16, 2008
  8. jackmoney

julyderek

What about the Lenovo Idepad S9 & S10 ?

julyderek, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question