Dual-core Aspire One SOON (Atom 330!!)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mzc, Nov 10, 2008.

1. mzc

mzc

Just saw this note in one of the store in the Philippines. Apparently their offering upgrades for AAO's bought since Oct for an Atom 330 upgrade. SWEET!!! I'm just in immense trouble making catching up with BIOS updates and wifi issues and now there are CPU upgrades that Acer Phil might offer. see link:

http://www.pccorner.com.ph/products.do? ... uctid=4594

Quote:

Customer note . . . .

Due to the below cost prices posted (FREE DELIVERY is limited to Metro Manila area only . . +500 for provincial orders . . . our apolgies in advance)

upgrade^ option: . . .ALL Acer Aspire Ones purchased between October 1, 2008 and December 30, 2008 is eligible for a chassis upgrade (charge is based on difference in prices between the new chassis and the original chassis) to handle New Intel® Atom™ 330 platform . . .

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-An ... 2203.shtml

The release of the dual-core Atom could also enable system vendors, like ASUS, MSI and Acer, to update their netbook and nettop offer with high-performance Atom 330-based products. There is also a high possibility that Dell and HP will be rolling out their Atom-powered netbooks before 2009, which could also support the new dual-core processor. On the other hand, some of us are expecting to see how good the new 330 is against VIA Nano.

mzc, Nov 10, 2008
  2. mzc

funk

WHOA THIS IS JUICY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice find buddy!

I brought my AAO end of Oct, hope they offer this in Australia sometime soon :)

"The Atom 330 will be featured at the same 1.6GHz core speed as Intel's first Atom CPU, the single-core N270. Furthermore, like the N720 chip, the Atom 330 will run on the same 533MHz bus, although, thanks to the dual-core processor architecture, the 330 model should be significantly faster than the N270."

funk, Nov 10, 2008
Ask a Question