Dual booting? - will this work?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Cymex, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Cymex

Cymex

Ok so im getting an Aspire One 150 -AW (120GB HDD linpus version) soon and im getting it with Linpus (just so its cheaper then the one with xp) and i plan to install Ron's Tinyxp onto it.

And at a later date add OS X onto it, i was just wondering what i should do? somehow erase linpus? and install tinyxp over it or is there a way i can triple boot them all? the guides i plan on using atm are:

Rons's Tinyxp -
    http://aspireonesoftware.wordpress.com/ ... ons-image/ (it says for SSD but coments say it works with HDD)
    also it says it writes over the whole SSD (im assuming it removes linpus or what ever was on there) but will it write over the whole HDD and remove linpus also?
    (itd be helpfull to know if anyone has install rons tinyxp on the HDD version here)

OSX -
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11408 (so i can do it of a external HDD as i dont have a external DVD drive)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10197 (install guide for OSX)

if im correct rons tinyxp should remove linpus and install over it then when i install OSX it will be on the partition? making me able to dual boot

P.S - if anything was to go wrong if i tried doing the above would i be able to reboot my netbook still? (using the linpus recovery DVD even tho linpus had been deleted?)

thanks and i hope you can Enlighten me with a wealth of knowlege

Cymex, Mar 17, 2009
Ask a Question