Dual booting Linpus & UNR?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by simbeb, May 5, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

I am reselling my A110 as I've bought a A150. I would like to offer a dual boot install of Linpus and UNR on the one I am selling. Has anyone tried that? Is it as simple as installing Linpus, then installing UNR and let it manage the booting of both OSes?

Cheers.

simbeb, May 5, 2009
  2. simbeb

peteros

Should be straightforward. I've got a triple-boot on AAO with 120GB hard drive.

Procedure in my case: second system I loaded was Linux Mint. During installation, set Linpus partition to 30GB, and programme did the rest, giving a dualboot. Then installed Ubuntu UNR,dividing the rest of HD between Mint and UNR. Installation then automatically set up the triple boot.

There was some command-line work to do to get both Mint and UNR working with wi-fi. Both also work well with T-mobile dongle (Huawei 220) - which was my 'beef' with Linpus.

Now, I use UNR when out and about (fast booty up; economical on battery),and Mint when power point is handy and I want to use GIMP, audio/video and other software. Don't know why I keep Linpus - but it works fine except for above-mentioned problem with dongle...

peteros, May 7, 2009
  3. simbeb

simbeb

Thank you peteros. I thought nobody was going to respond to such a simple question!

Cheers.

simbeb, May 7, 2009
  4. simbeb

bd4e

I have been running first double boot Linpus /Kuki and now Linpus /UNR on a 120 GB HDD. No problems whatsoever.

bd4e, May 11, 2009
Ask a Question