Dual Booting help (Ubuntu and Linpus)

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by joe44, Dec 14, 2009.

1. joe44

joe44

Hi all,
    I want to be able to dual boot Linux Linpus (the retail distro with the AAO) and Ubuntu. Does anyone know of and easy step by step guide on how to do this, or could provide one. Thanks

I need Ubuntu to be the second distro installed (so as not to uninstall linpus)...I also dont have a USB DVD drive, so that makes things difficult I guess... but sometimes a USB flash drive is an alternative?
    Thanks all :)

joe44, Dec 14, 2009
  2. joe44

NextMissingLink

Hi joe, how did you get on? I'm gonna try the same thing. I don't have an optical drive either. Think I'll start by backing up linpus using macles tool:
    http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/12/acer ... ackup.html
    Need some kind of usb drive for that.
    Then partition the acer's drive - probably using a usb distro with a partition tool.
    Installing ubuntu should be easy follow their instructions to create-you guessed it-a usb install stick.
    This should even do the partitioning job as well.
    I'm guessing you've already done it and it's fine. What ubuntu flavour did you go for?

NextMissingLink, Dec 28, 2009
  3. joe44

joe44

I did get it installed, but after many problems i decided to do a simple install onto a USB flash drive, so i just boot from the USB when i want to use Ubuntu...and i am running the standard Ubuntu Distro.

joe44, Jan 3, 2010
Ask a Question