Dual Boot XP/Linpus

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by macboyx, Aug 10, 2008.

1. macboyx

macboyx

Hi,

I have installed XP on my Aspire One and I have done some customizations like moving my Program Files off the internal SSD and onto a SD Card which I've made XP think is a fixed disk. I want to know if anyone has any luck dualbooting the original Linpus with XP. I know that the Linpus install is 3+GB and i was wondering can that be slimmed down (during recovery can you choose not to install Open Office for example)?

Any help would be appreciated.

macboyx, Aug 10, 2008
  2. macboyx

annafil

see macles.blogspot.com (someone on the first page) - there's tips on getting rid of a lot of uneccessary apps and generally freeing space.

annafil, Aug 28, 2008
  3. macboyx

blackhawk

Still fighting to boot Linpus on USB. With modified initrd-splash.img (ehci-hcd, uhci-hcd, usb_storage added; modified linuxrc; sdb block device added), I can set my USB storage as Linpus root device. So close but still freeze and failed to get a console. Now I need initrd and bzImage from AA1 with Linpus installed. You can find it inside /boot directory.

blackhawk, Sep 2, 2008
  4. macboyx

blackhawk

I can boot Linpus on USB flashdisk but still have no time to write a step by step how to, my English not good enough to write something :oops: My friend playing FrozenBubble on my AOA110 beside me right now :D

blackhawk, Sep 3, 2008
  5. macboyx

blackhawk

Now I have a full working Linpus on USB storage. All hardware working correctly including storage expansion slot. But freeze when go to sleep mode (USB turned off?). Please wait my guide to install Linpus to USB. You will need 4GB+ USB storage, Acer Linpus recovery DVD, Linux desktop or Linux live CD (Ubuntu?).

blackhawk, Sep 3, 2008
  6. macboyx

leonaa1

leonaa1, Nov 17, 2008
Ask a Question