Dual Boot Linpus Boot Sector

Discussion in 'Linux' started by qweasd, Sep 16, 2008.

1. qweasd

qweasd

Trying to set up XP/Linpus dual boot and almost there but... hopefully just need a little linux expertise. My current situation is three partitions, 1 - XP/Fat32, 2 - Linpus/ext3, 3 - Swap/Fat32. My install process wat to install XP then create the additional partitions, then use the Macrium disk image posted by another user to restore Linpus into the second partition. As per the instructions with the image file I did not let Macrium re-write the MBR during the reimage. So... I then put Acronis OS Selector to multiboot but it sees Partition as not bootable. For the hell of it I changed the second partition to be active and rebooted and then got a message that the Boot Sector was invalid. Hopefully this is just something that's Linux specific that I can fix w/o messing up the XP install. Any input appreciated, I just need to know where to start looking...

qweasd, Sep 16, 2008
  2. qweasd

michaelg

michaelg, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question