Dual boot issues with Ubuntu/Linpus...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Pierre, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Pierre

Pierre

Hey guys,

I installed Ubuntu NBR onto my Acer A110 (8GBSSD, 512 RAM). It's working just fine, no wireless issues, nothing at all. I'll do some other tests just to try things out and see if it all turned out as expected, but I'm loving it so far. Only annoying thing: the wireless LED doesn't light up at all (it does under Linpus). Everything else so far seems ok.

The issue is actually with Linpus. I selected the option to partition the disk but it let Linpus with no free space at all (I have since put in an 8GB SD in the memory extension slot) and I'm worried some of it must have been eaten by Ubuntu... I always get some error message about an application that seems to be missing (asking me to check that dcopserver is running, so I'm guessing it's not).
    Everything seems to be working fine though, except the shutdown button doesn't shut down... It asks me to cancel or go ahead with exiting Xcfe :s So instead of shutting down it just makes the bottom toolbar disapear. So from Linpus I don't have the option of shutting down anymore...
    Wireless works on both distros, all good.

Anyone knows how to fix those wee bugs still around?

Thanks!

Pierre, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question