Dual-band Wi-Fi Concerns

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Stanley Moore, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Stanley Moore

Stanley Moore

I'll use my next laptop both @ home & on the road. One thing I'll want to do is type emails with it rather than so doing on my Verizon smartphone. Of all the laptops I've studied & tried hands-on, I enjoy the Dell XPS 9550 & Acer Aspire R15 best at least in part due to their superior ergonomics. I'll need to access the 'net @ public rest areas along highways via free Wi-Fi & @ or near hotels & other places in which free Wi-Fi can be accessed. I like the Acer for various reasons, including its lower price & am told Acer puts a lot of effort into building machines with good Wi-Fi capabilities, but am told it's Wi-Fi card is not upgradeable. I've not heard how competent the Dell is @ picking up Wi-Fi, but have heard it's Wi-Fi card is upgradeable. If the Acer were to be competent & remain so for the life of the machine (my last laptop lasted 8 yrs) in utilizing public & private Wi-Fi I could save some coin by purchasing it. But if I'd be better served with the Dell I suppose I could bite the bullet, pay double the $ & get it instead. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Stanley Moore, Dec 18, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question