Dragging windows above top of screen

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Poldie, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Poldie

Poldie

If you hold Alt you can left click and drag windows around, but you can't move them any further up than to have the title bar flush with the top of the screen. I've been googling like crazy (because I'm sure I've read it somewhere) but I can find a description of how to switch off that limitation. Any ideas?

Poldie, Oct 1, 2008
  2. Poldie

NeoVector

Press and hold Alt and press F7 and release, this allows you to move the screen freely.

Regards

NeoVector, Oct 2, 2008
  3. Poldie

tjok

Toni

tjok, Oct 2, 2008
  4. Poldie

Poldie

I've bookmarked that page and must have been to it 50 times (I used it to try and get my wifi working sensibly - something which still eludes me, as I have to enter the password once at the start of each session). Thanks.

Out of interest, I do have that compiz fusion icon thing on my system, and I used it to configure stuff like the wobbly windows and the rotatable cube thing - is that command just editing something I could do manually with the front end? Sort of like running a .reg file on windows?

Edit: I'll answer my own question in case anyone cares - yes: it's the `move windows` effect under `uncategorized`, and `constrain_y` is a checkbox you uncheck.

Poldie, Oct 2, 2008
Ask a Question