Downloads not going into downloads folder!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by emluian, May 26, 2009.

1. emluian

emluian

Hello again, I managed to sort out my earlier problem, however this problem is driving me nuts. I have got my preferences set, so when I download anything, they go to my downloads folder. However when I download anything, nothing appears in my folder, and I can't find what I have downloaded. I go into xarchiver and nothing appears there either. I hope someone can help :roll: (Acer Aspire one linux lite)

emluian, May 26, 2009
  2. emluian

Aspiration

Linpus has problems when expanding the storage with an SDHC card. If you have expanded storage, you could be running into an issue with not identifying the correct downloads folder. When you install an expansion SDHC card there are actually 2 download folders. One on the internal SSD and one on the external (expansion SDHC card) SSD.
    In the files section on the desktop, click the green right arrow and then click on my files. In the my files program select view and then make sure you have selected view as standard mode. When you click on the downloads folder you should then be directed to the proper one. If you have selected view as advanced mode, there will be 2 download folders, one on each SSD (solid state drive) and you will probably run into problems with finding the correct video and music folders as well. So to keep things simple, just view as standard mode so you don't have to keep hunting both drives for the correct folder as it makes duplicate folders on the expansion card which causes no end of confusion.

On the other hand, if you want to specify which drive to store your data on then the advanced mode comes in very handy.

Aspiration, May 31, 2009
Ask a Question