Downloading Spyware

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by DaniDavidson, Apr 25, 2016.

1. DaniDavidson

DaniDavidson

Do you think that you should download some kind of spyware to your Mac to make sure that you don't get a virus? I don't have anything on my Mac currently, I just didn't think that I would need it. But I would love to know if you guys think that you need some with a Mac.

DaniDavidson, Apr 25, 2016
  2. DaniDavidson

nytegeek

Spyware is a type of Malware. Malware is what you are referring to as a Virus. You basically just asked if you should download a Virus to protect you from getting a Virus. I am in know way trying to pick on you, I just want you to understand the terms correctly.

What you are looking for is called Anti-Virus software. In most cases you don't really absolutely need it on a Mac, but it wont hurt to have it since there is more Malware out there for the Mac then there used to be. Sophos makes a decent Anti-virus Suite for the Mac. I know their Linux version is free, but you may have to pay for the Mac version. Sophos is the only one I can really recommend, others here may have some suggestions for other Anti-virus suites that are reputable or good.

nytegeek, Apr 25, 2016
  3. DaniDavidson

IBMPC8088

Downloading Windows 10 to your Mac would not be advisable. ;) If I ever used a Mac that wasn't a hackintosh for better performance, I'd probably try not to download any spyware or trojans to see if they delete the other ones that Apple and other corporations place on systems but pay antivirus companies not to detect.

IBMPC8088, Apr 29, 2016
Ask a Question