Downgrading Videos

Discussion in 'Windows' started by djtech, Mar 16, 2016.

1. djtech

djtech

So, I have a nice cam and it creates gigantic videos because of the high resolution. I am still trying to figure out how to work the thing, so until I do, I need to find something that will help me downgrade videos.

Now, I interviewed this sports celeb, but the video size is 4 GBs. I want to turn into like a portable version so as to upload it to my sight without losing much bandwidth.

Can you let me know what you use to downgrade videos on Windows? And no movie maker please.

djtech, Mar 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. djtech

IBMPC8088

AnyVideoConverter is freeware and (if you want additional features later on, but completely optional) commercial software that does really well with this to convert between formats, let you adjust the quality, and the target size. It sounds like you've got something at 720p to 1080p with HD or beyond that you just need to convert to a 360p or 480p web-friendly 640x480 or 352x256 sized video for youtube and other places. You can do all of that with this program.

Works on XP,Win7,Win8 and Windows 9 (10?)

IBMPC8088, Mar 16, 2016
    djtech likes this.
  3. djtech

djtech

Wow, thanks. Yeah, I just needed something to convert it down to a "web-friendly" size.

djtech, Mar 17, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. djtech

IBMPC8088

Anytime. :) The best setting I've found (if you're using it on a website with an html5 video tag) is the HTML5 / MP4 setting for Google Android (or universal setting). Browsers are still finnicky, so if in doubt you can also use .webm as an alternative to .mp4.

If you're uploading to youtube or another video host, you may want to stick with mp4 since .webm may or may not be supported by some of them.

With the one you select, you can size it down as much as you need by clicking on the custom/options area after choosing the video output type.

IBMPC8088, Mar 20, 2016
Ask a Question