Double question: BIOS 3309 and Ghost Cursors...

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by harlley sathler, Apr 25, 2009.

1. harlley sathler

harlley sathler

Hi all,

My One is running very well with the xxx 10.5, but sometimes in some applications like QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, iTunes and other programs the infamous ghost cursor appears. I move the mouse and get a "shadow" of the cursor on the place where it was. If I, for exemple, click the song name on iTunes, I get the "I" cursor for the text fields, but the black arrow stays on screen. I´m using a GMA950 driver packaged on a .pkg driver, sent me from a friend (this driver enables me to use photobooth and sees the translucent menu bar, that Paul´s Wind driver cannot). I tried to use the AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext from the Paul´s compilation, but the ghost cursors still here. Any suggestions?

Another question concerns to the BIOS 3309; Anyone using OS X uses this BIOS? Is there any advantage over the 3304 I´m currently use?

Thanks a lot!

harlley sathler, Apr 25, 2009
  2. harlley sathler

mirkonapoli

i've the same problem...any solution???
    whit the xXx 10.5.6 gma95a kext i've got qe/and native resolution, but no external monitor....
    so with the paul's kext i've got external monitor, but i've ghost cursor ...
    (sorry for my bad english, i'm italian)

Tnk!

mirkonapoli, May 1, 2009
  3. harlley sathler

Infected24

I don't think the bios version is related to any video glitch or problem.

I recommend you to check and follow the intel driver installation on this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10197

I have the last bios version and i have installed mac os x twice on my aspire one and i hadn't any problem with video.

Infected24, May 6, 2009
Ask a Question