Don't Know What to Look For in a Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Banniwai, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Banniwai

Banniwai

I'm planning on buying a laptop in the spring and I don't know what makes a laptop good for high-quality gaming.

I've always relied on family for help finding a computer, but there is always something wrong (My first computer (a desktop) didn't have a power supply that could handle the video card and was constantly crashing until it burned out. My current laptop supposedly had "the best video card available", but what I got was a Radeon 530 (which doesn't meet the minimum requirements for most of my games.) So I don't really want to rely on any of them as their knowledge about this is apparently flawed.

That being said, MY knowledge of computers is minimal-- almost non-existant.

I have no idea what kind of video card or processor or ram is considered... good?... I don't even know how to word it...
    All I know is that I'm sick of playing my games on the lowest settings.
    Games like:
    Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, the Assassin's Creed Series, Call of Duty series, 7 Days to Die, Far Cry Series, to name a few.
    I was thinking I would put $1,000-$1,400 into it as I want to play my games without it looking like it came out in 2002.
    So... anyone have any thoughts? Any advice? I'm getting flustered and don't know if I want to trust the sales guy at Best Buy to help me honestly and accurately. (Is that paranoid?)
    Is the information I'm asking for too vague? What do I do?

"Why don't you explain this to me like I am an eight-year-old?"- Michael Scott- Banniwai

Banniwai, Nov 21, 2019
Ask a Question