Don't have Acer eManagement program group or desktop icons

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sing4you, Dec 1, 2008.

1. sing4you

sing4you

Hello all,
    As I start using my new A150 "one" on WIndows XP, the user manual mentions a program group called Empowering Technology and desktop icon for Acer's computer management and system recovery functions. There is not and hasn't been one since I first booted up a couple of days ago. Haven't found any information on Acer's website - actually there just isn't much for the Aspire One on the North America web site at all.

Hoping that one of you know how to recreat the program group (I can see that there are quite a few executable files in the obvious folder in Program Files on the hard drive but unusually enough, no shortcut files).

Thanks!

A150-1864 (Costco) / WinXP Home / 120GB / 1GB /

sing4you, Dec 1, 2008
  2. sing4you

fastrx8

Have you solved your problem?
    I just went through a ton of recovery issues, so I was wondering if you still needed help.

This thread ---> viewtopic.php?f=61&t=6902
    and the link in that thread ---> http://www.ipconfig.co.nz/blog/index.cf ... D-recovery
    Solved my problem.

To give you something very quick and easy to try, you may want to see if eRecovery is available at boot.
    Restart your computer, and as soon as it starts to boot, on the very first ACER screen where you have the option to <F2> for BIOS, hit ALT+F10, and hold it for a few seconds. I had to hold down the keys for about 3secs for it to work.
    That is the hidden keystroke to allow you to go directly into eRecovery.
    You can always exit out of it, but at least you'll know if its installed properly, and if you can run it.
    In my case, it didn't work until I followed the directions on D2D Recovery from the link above.

Part of the eRecovery process restores all your shortcuts to your desktop.
    I now, once again, have the Acer eRecovery option on the desktop.

fastrx8, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question