Does the Windows XP 1GB AA1 have Linpus disks?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by gw-acer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. gw-acer

gw-acer

I'm torn between the hardware of the two current Ones (the $30 price difference for 512MB and a 120HDD looks good).

Can someone tell me if the Aspire One AOA150-1570 comes with a Linpus install so I can remove the Windows XP?

Also - any random comments on whether the 512MB/8GB SSD beats out the 1GB/120 HDD?

Thanks

g

gw-acer, Aug 25, 2008
  2. gw-acer

Irwin J. Finster

Well, I don't know where you have been looking, but I bought my AA1 150L (1gig 120gb HD) with Linux pre-installed. It's cheaper then the XP version too....

Irwin J. Finster, Aug 25, 2008
  3. gw-acer

JimK

JimK, Aug 25, 2008
  4. gw-acer

prikolchik

I have AAO 150-1890, 1gb RAM 120GB WinXP version and it didnt come with ANY recovery CDs. WinXP recovery is on hidden partition.
    I hope you do know, that you can always download the recovery DVD on the internet. I think I've seen it posted on this forum.

Also, a tip. If you buy WinXP version and you don't need it, dont boot the laptop (or boot it, but when asked to accept windows licence (EULA) click DECLINE. If you accept the EULA then you can't get money for windows back), call Acer support and say that you would like to get refund for Windows XP as it says in Windows EULA (you can even quote it to them). They might tell u random things, but you should be persuasive =). EULA license should say something about getting full refund for Windows from Manufacturer if you don't accept EULA, so keep quoting it to them. When they finally agree, you'll have to send your laptop to them (they'll whipe hard drive and remove sticker) and you'll get $56 from Acer... Not bad extra discount for a $350 laptop :D

prikolchik, Aug 25, 2008
  5. gw-acer

gw-acer

Thanks all for the responses:

@Irwin - where did you buy yours online? I've tried amazon, microcenter etc and they don't have a 1GB Linpus model

@JimK - this is good enough for the sale ;)

@prikolchik - sounds like hardwork, I'll just pay for the XP so that I have a license for VB or Fusion

gw-acer, Aug 26, 2008
Ask a Question