Does the AAO come with any restore tools? ...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by speedmaster, Oct 30, 2008.

1. speedmaster

speedmaster

For example, if the XP installation goes south, can I restore it from a CD or something easily?

Thanks!

speedmaster, Oct 30, 2008
  2. speedmaster

Forone

My XP unit came with a desktop icon for "Acer eRecovery Management" that offers to restore factory default or install apps/drivers - located at c:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecover.exe" Aapparently there are some other kinds of this Empowering Technology software from Acer that were not on my machine and I'm curious about them.

Forone, Nov 2, 2008
  3. speedmaster

speedmaster

Thanks, Forone. I've looked a little more and it seems they have included everything on a hidden disk partition.

speedmaster, Nov 3, 2008
  4. speedmaster

Forone

Glad you found it. Nice writeup about it and links on your blog. Re the track pad, there are a lot of options for it sort of buried under "settings" on the last tab of the mouse properties - lots of hidden surprises in this Acer. (Even so, I'm a complete convert to a wireless mouse.)

Forone, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question