Does microphone work under Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by linkoooo, Aug 8, 2008.

1. linkoooo

linkoooo

Actually I installed Widows XP SP3 all working fine exepte microphone,does the mic work in your Aspire one with XP?

linkoooo, Aug 8, 2008
  2. linkoooo

tweaksparx

I've installed WINXPSP2 all working fine, my mic works... using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 even sound recorder

try dis in case...
    right click volume in ur system tray, you will see the master volume...
    after that click options, and properties... you will see the properties...
    set mixer device to HD audio input,,, and you will see some boxes with text..
    all the boxes must be checked... then click ok... you will see the recording control...
    after that, the mic volume must be checked and try to adjust volume of ur mic... then all set...

tweaksparx, Aug 9, 2008
  3. linkoooo

chroma

i did a clean and full non-nlited XP sp3 install and installed the drivers via device manager one by one (not going through setup.exe).

at first i have the same problem i was freaking out fearing that it may be a hardware design issue because the problem seems to be happening on linux as well (from googling and reading other forums), fearing that the machine may be faulty

but then i tried doing a proper full install of the realteck driver package (the one you download from the acer-euro ftp site running their setup.exe) and mic works again on msn and skype, so you may want to try that

chroma, Aug 13, 2008
Ask a Question