Does anybody else have a love/hate relationship with Asus?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by victionicious, Mar 16, 2016.

1. victionicious

victionicious

Let me preface this with the fact that I love Asus' products, without a doubt. They're probably even the first brand I'd recommend friends with. That being said, I've had two Asus laptops, both of which wore out after a year of use.

First, I owned an EEEpc which ended up with a dead and worn trackpad, and then I owned a relatively high-end 15.6" Asus laptop (~£700) which effectively fell to pieces with the disc tray cover falling off, the headphone jacks breaking (both the regular jack and the subwoofer jack), the keyboard not recognising keys and the hinge cover falling off. Yet besides all this, I still love their laptops. They just don't seem to be 'durable', so to speak.

In comparison, I own a Lenovo which cost me around £300 and it's lasted me a good year and a half already with almost no issues (and with a lot of DJ usage!) and a HP 15 which has been doing me well for a couple of months now at home.

I feel like Asus have the perfect mixture of great specs and great price, I just don't feel like they seem to last too long. Anybody else have a similar experience?

victionicious, Mar 16, 2016
  2. victionicious

something back

Yes I am not a fan

something back, Mar 16, 2016
  3. victionicious

amonda

I currently own an Asus laptop and I don't really experience problems with it. I have had it for a little over two years now, I love it.

amonda, Jul 5, 2016
  4. victionicious

Kenw

Had a 10 inch EEE pc for a few years which replaced a 9 inch EEE that I used at work. 2 pounds vs 5 pound company provided. Now have a F555l for over 3 years. Never a problem and the only reason I upgraded was for aging eyes.

Sounds to me like you were a rough user.

Kenw, Jul 6, 2016
  5. victionicious

Karen Gordon

My ASUS I have had for about a year and a a half. It seems to be working OK, although the battery has died and I have to keep it plugged in all the time. One thing that did happen several months ago was that I got just a few drops of water on the laptop. It shut down the keyboard totally. This is one of the things that has been a problem with this laptop.

Karen Gordon, Oct 2, 2016
  6. victionicious

Kenw

I am on my fourth GREAT product. Three netbooks, two I used for work. A few drops, come on

Kenw, Oct 3, 2016
  7. victionicious

Karen Gordon

Karen Gordon, Oct 5, 2016
  8. victionicious

Karen Gordon

I don't think I would buy another ASUS, but I don't have a big problem with it. I just think the coffee issue proved they weren't very durable, and the CD drive in here is worthless. I would say it as about average in terms of a laptop. I will look for a Dell or something with a slightly better reputation for my next laptop,maybe even a chrome book.

Karen Gordon, Oct 5, 2016
Ask a Question