Does "all" Fedora software work on Linpus?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by moln, Jul 16, 2008.

1. moln

moln

Hello there!

As I have never used Linux before I'm hoping someone out there can clarify something for simple folks like me...

Does Fedora-intended software generally work on Linpus?

There's a specific program I need to run (for studying) and if the preinstalled Linpus can handle it that would be great. It's "FirstClass" if you're wondering, and there is a version intended for "Fedora Core 5 Intel" that I hope will work, but as I have no clue how much of a difference there is between Linpus and Fedora I'm asking you.

(If by any chance you are an early One owner and would like to try the software, it's avaible at http://www.firstclass.com/Divisions/Res ... =S047C50E4 )

Thanks for any and all help!

(Here in Sweden the release is due in mid august, ~500$ for the basic Linux version. That's an expensive keyboard :!: ...)

moln, Jul 16, 2008
  2. moln

Duke

Är själv helt grön inom området Linux så jag kan inte svara på din fråga. Ville bara kommentera det du skrev att Linuxversionen är dyr. Med tanke på vad man får så är 2,995,- som hittat. ;)

Duke, Jul 16, 2008
  3. moln

lxpatterson

it's fedora build 8. i think that's the rpm you need to look for.

lxpatterson, Jul 17, 2008
Ask a Question