Does A0751h comes with a OS on DVD?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by chong67, Nov 19, 2009.

1. chong67

chong67

I am about to get a new A0751h.

Does it comes with the OS on a DVD?

If not, I may get a new hard drive and keep the original.

What is the hard drive size?

chong67, Nov 19, 2009
  2. chong67

cmeide

It might depend on where you are in the world but I have not heard of anyone getting any dvd's with their 751h. I think you need to contact Acer to send you recovery disks but not sure if this is a free service.

Acer put a recovery partition on the hard disk and the option to burn recovery disks.

They are delivered with either a 160GB or 250GB depending on the model.

If you dont dont want to mess with getting a burner and burn the dvd's, you can either replace your HDD with another 2.5" SATA (easy to replace) or temporarly take out the original HDD and put it in your desktop to make an image of it.
    I did both.

cmeide, Nov 19, 2009
  3. chong67

chong67

I got an extra 500 gb hd and I will use it and take the original out after I have boot it up one time.

I am suprised it uses a regular 2.5" and not those 1.9" hard drive.

chong67, Nov 19, 2009
  4. chong67

Eosblue

I did two different backup routines. The first one was to "image" the original HD on an external HD. The second routine was to "produce" the restore data on DVDs from the program that comes with the computer.

Then I did the simple swap with a clean 2.5 250GB HD. Easiest hard drive swap I ever did. Then I installed Windows 7 Upgrade on the clean new HD and after seeing the results, I'm never going back to the original 160GB HD with XP.

After installing Win 7, it found all the updated drivers that I needed with "Windows Update". Even if I had known that I was going to stick with Windows 7, I still would have wanted a clean install. Also,if something goes wrong with the computer,I can put the original HD back before sending it in to Acer.

Eosblue, Nov 19, 2009
Ask a Question