Docking station?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Achilles, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Achilles

Achilles

Although this is not a mod in the sense of trying to change the guts of the machine I wonder if anyone has thought/tried to make a kind of docking station? All the key connectors are on the left side of the machine and all it would require is a plug-in strip that would provide 1) power, 2) connection to external monitor, 3) ethernet, 4) USB for connection to keyboard and mouse.

To my mind the just requires a bit of moulded plastic with the connectors in the right places so that it can be plugged in. Although I like the ONE it is sometimes nice to be able to use a regular keyboard and monitor and although I realise it is very easy to plug these in I have always liked the docking station approach where it isn't necessary to spend several minutes making the connections.

Possibly also some software to sense when the machine has been plugged in, to wake up and to switch the screen over to the external monitor.

To be honest if the ONE really took off I wonder whether someone might make something like this.

Achilles, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question